How to hire a Tracker (Important Information)
Individual tracker hire for personal challenges is;
3 Days (minimum) = £40.00
4-7 Days = £60.00
8-14 Days = £80.00
15-21 Days = £100.00
22-28 Days = £120.00
29-35 Days = £130.00
DISCOUNTS APPLIED TO MORE THAN 3 TRACKER HIRES ON ‘BOOK NOW’ (CHECKOUT PAGE)
EACH BLOCK BOOKING SHOULD BE DONE AS A SEPARATE ORDER
Greyed out days have no availability – sorry
The days are the amount of the days you require the tracker, this should include the day you want to receive the tracker and the day you will be returning the tracker. i.e if you require a tracker to be delivered to you on a Thursday and you will not be able to return it until the following Tuesday, this will be a 6 day hire. Returns days are the day you post the tracker back into a Royal Mail post box (or for 3 or more trackers, drop off at the UPS access point) Hires are inclusive of data costs and tracking page.
Classic Rounds – Bob Graham, Paddy Buckley, Charlie Ramsay Round, Frog Graham and Bay Limestone Way are just £30 per weekend.
Please note that all trackers need to be booked at least 7 days prior to dispatch. If you need a tracker the same week please contact Open Tracking prior to booking to confirm availability and dispatch times to avoid disappointment. There is a £10.00 surcharge for late bookings to cover additional postage charges.
Please note: personal hire trackers have to be delivered to a UK address and returned in the UK (this is for personal hire only).
We now offer Charity Fundraising events to add a “banner to their tracking page. The banner will link to donation page of your choice. You can also add a brief overview of what you are doing and who you are raising funds for. The price is £50 to have the banner(s) added, it is not available on the ‘Classic Rounds’. This option can be added at the checkout stage on Individual Tracker Hires
Sponsored Athletes and high profile challenges should consider upgrading to the Premium Tracking page
Premium Tracking pages are priced at £175+VAT. This option can be added at the checkout stage on Individual Tracker Hires
Event organisers or for bookings of 10+ trackers please see our Event Services page and contact us for a bespoke quote.
For weekend hires trackers must be received back at the Open Tracking office on the following Tuesday using the enclosed pre-paid envelope or pre-paid UPS service (drop off at UPS Access Point) LATE RETURN FEES APPLY of £2.50 per day. Typically the tracker will be required by another event or challenge a day after return. Please contact us before paying if less than a week till you need the tracker. Full terms and conditions of hire.
Please contact us for individual hire where we need to send the tracker overseas.
We regularly get emails asking for free trackers as the participant is raising money for charity. We have worked hard to keep our prices low as possible, and the majority of single tracker hires are for people raising money for charity. If we did not charge for the service – the service just would not exist.
Nobody likes surprises, so please ask if you are unsure or have any questions.
Once you’ve paid for the tracker hire
After you’ve paid for your hire, we need you to send us an email with the following information:
- Confirmation of your name, delivery address and contact phone number
- Start and end dates of hire
- The location, nature of your challenge e.g. ultra run, trail run, cycle ride
- *If you have a GPX or KML file of the route then send us that too (see note below) – needs to be a single file.
- If you require timing adding, complete cp-import*GPX/KML files – These can take sometime to create, please do not copy a file off an event unless you are taking part in that event. If you are taking on the same journey but at a different time, out of courtesy check with the event organisers before using their route file. We will not copy route files from events if we have provided event tracking. Note many events that follow national paths have diversions to feed stations or around sensitive areas for the event (property / environment).
- Please note, all files such as gpx, CP locations, Premium Tracking Page details should be sent 7 days in advance, once received we will only make one change, further changes are subject to an admin charge
Tracking interval is set to 60 second updates, please let us know if you need it set to a different interval rate.
You should be aware that any damaged units will be charged at cost +20% (e.g. getting them wet or chewed by dogs – yep that has happened)
Trackers will be dispatched to you in time to arrive a day or two before your start date.
For weekend hires trackers will be dispatched on the Wednesday to be with you on the Thursday/Friday.
See Full Terms and Conditions
Please see our FAQs page for tracker hire queries
Uses of GPS Trackers
Increasingly we are being asked by individuals and groups if they can use our trackers and portal, this is a great way for support teams / friends and family to watch what is going on and where you are.
Typical examples of where our trackers have been used are:
- Bob Graham / Paddy Buckley / Ramsay Rounds
- DofE (Duke of Edinburgh) / scouts / school groups
- Charity challenges (e.g. Lands End to John O’ Groats cycle ride)
- You want your own tracker for a supported event (e.g. Devises to Westminster)
- Safety on hiking trips (Pennine Way / Coast to Coast)
- The trackers only weigh 65g are just a bit bigger than a matchbox.
- Supplied in a waterproof bag.
- The units have a 3000 point buffer, so if you are in a location with no GSM signal it will record the location and upload the track when back in range.
- We will provide you a link to a web page for each tracker, this can be viewed both on a desktop computer and is optimised for mobile devices
- The web interface will show last track time and battery level
- For the UK we use Ordnance Survey mapping, which provides detail invaluable in the outdoors (Google mapping also available outside of UK).
For personal tracker hire we use our GL300 trackers. These units are capable of tracking events over multiple days
||Expected Battery Life
||7 days *
|* battery life can be reduced by cloud cover, tree cover , poor signal areas and cold temperatures. We can remotely monitor battery life and change intervals as needed