Terms and Conditions of Tracker Hire
1. Trackers are the responsibility of the hirer, including trial loans. It is the responsibility of the hirer to chase any trackers taken home by competitors, not Open Tracking.
2. Where Open Tracking sends Trackers to an event this is done by UPS, Open Tracking will be responsible for them until the delivery is signed.
3. The hirer is responsible for the sending (or hand delivery) and until arrival of the units back to Open Tracking office or Open Tracking personnel.
4. Open Tracking offers no insurance for the trackers – if loss of a tracker is a concern the hirer needs to seek insurance themselves.
5. Current price for a replacement tracker is £150. This includes the hardware and the admin required.
6. Where trackers are used for governed timed attempts or records. Open Tracking reserves the right to pass tracking data to those organisations who manage these records.
7. For normal weekend hires – trackers need to be with Open Tracking by the Tuesday following the weekend. Special arrangements maybe required for Bank Holidays.
8. Late returns will result in an additional charges.
9. Open Tracking relies on the service of mobile operators and cannot be held responsible for the provision of in a particular area or failure of these services.
10. Viewing the tracking website and use of the Open Tracking online management area require an internet connection via Wi-Fi or broadband. Open Tracking cannot be held responsible for the provision of in a particular area or failure of these services at any time.
11. Open Tracking makes best effort to ensure 99.9% up time of our web services, these are provided by a third party and we cannot be held responsible for the failure of these services. It is in our interest to ensure service is provided as quickly as possible.
12. The trackers we provide have an SOS button which requires a mobile signal. We don’t recommend that this feature is relied upon by event organisers but rather supplements existing procedures. We will not be held responsible for the operational failure of this feature on the tracker.
13. Post event, an invoice will be sent within 1 week, with payment terms of 30 days.
14. Timing – Open Tracking provides a timing service that uses the GPS data sent to our servers. This is reliant of third party services (GPS Satellites / mobile coverage / web servers) and is reliant on correct placement of the tracker. We will not be held responsible for errors in this data.
15. Open Tracking will only field enquiries on tracker position data from event officials or from the emergency services.
16. Trackers hired by Open Tracking can only be used where the participant is fully aware that they are being tracked (we do not supply trackers or any service for covert tracking – please do not ask we are not interested).
17. The use of tracking devices / Open Tracking portal shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Open Tracking from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, loss or liability (including solicitor’s fees and expenses) for any property damage or personal injury arising from the use of Equipment or service by any cause.
If more than 150 trackers are hired for one event a member or representative from Open Tracking will need to attend the event for the allocation and management of the trackers. This is chargeable and will be included in the ‘quote’. In certain circumstances this support may not be necessary if there is a trained competent person from the race organisation dedicated to managing the trackers, this must be agreed by Open Tracking in advance of the event.
If more than 500 trackers are hired for one event a member or representative from Open Tracking must be in attendance at the event for the allocation and management of the trackers. This is chargeable and will be included in the ‘quote’.
£2.50 per day per tracker.
For event hires we will specify the date and time the trackers need to be left at a UPS drop off point (Monday morning by 10.00am after a weekend). This will ensure delivery to Open Tracking on the Tuesday.
Late charge will start on at end of the day expected back to Open Tracking. So arrival on the Wednesday would be 1 day over. At 2 weeks the cost of a replacement tracker will be added to the invoice. If tracker is subsequently returned within 6 months then 50% of the value of the tracker will be refunded.
If tracker is known to be lost please contact ASAP to avoid the £2.50 per day charge.
PDF Download >>