Open Tracking – Live GPS Tracking Of Events
This is our bread and butter, getting this right is as important to us as to you. The applications are limitless and what can be achieved through the web portal will drive traffic and hook those online viewers. It’s very addictive. Our niche is the great outdoors, we use OS mapping in the UK for the richness of information and detail. Google or other national topographic maps are used for overseas events.
- The trackers are lightweight and are just a bit bigger than a matchbox.
- Our trackers used on events are either waterproof or are pre-sealed in plastic pouches.
- The units have a large buffer (stores location points in the memory of the tracker), so if you are in a location with no mobile signal, the tracker will record the location and upload to our servers when back in mobile range.
- Open Tracking will provide the organiser access to the admin panel where you can easily pull up the map for each unit, see when it was last tracked, battery status and change team names and a whole lot more.
- Tracking on the event package also enables access to our automatic leaderboard. You set the start time around 10 locations on the route and the automatic leaderboard will sort the rest out.
- We will provide a basic tracking page with all of the trackers or you can upgrade to our Premium version including social media integration, event logo, sponsor banners and optional photos.
Uses For GPS Trackers
- Running / Ultra Running / Marathons / Trail Running.
- Walking / Trekking / Expeditions
- Kayaking Canoeing
- Cycling / Sportives / Audax
- Mountain Bike Challenges / Enduro /
- Event Staff / Logistics, Sweepers/ Directors
- Safety Staff/ Medics/ Key Players/ Emergency Services
- DofE/ Scouts/ Youth Groups/ Schools
- Charity Fundraising Events.
- Mountain Marathons
From single day to multi-day events.
Track the progress, with options to add location markers on the mapping to illustrate where the feedstations and key locations are. We can also add out of bounds overlays to maps, ideal for orienteering type events. If Geo timing is used then remote locations can be used to time competitors as they pass through without the need to have a physical presence such as a marshal.